Linn-Benton Community College in Albany, Oregon is has over 50 scholarships available for students entering in the 2021-22 school year (that’s you seniors)!
How to Apply:
- LBCC Scholarship Application
- For incoming students not registered for fall classes, use your personal email for access to the system and to set up an account.
- LBCC Foundation Scholarships are created by donors who know what a community college student is going through to achieve their education. Most of these scholarships are FINANCIAL NEED based, not merit based. There are a wide variety of scholarships to support our students, everyone should apply!
- FAFSA is NOT required to apply for scholarships. In fact, most of the scholarships offered by the Foundation are for students who do not have access to financial aid or other funding. A student who has not applied or qualified for FAFSA is highly encouraged to apply!
How does a Student Match to a Scholarship?
- Linn-Benton’s online scholarship system in use since Spring 2017 has a student complete one General Application which automatically matches them to each opportunity the student qualifies for.
- The Auto-Match opportunities required no more than submitting before the deadline. The student will be put in the pool of applicants for each scholarship they qualify for.
- Once submitting the General Application, additional opportunities will be presented to a student as “Apply-To” scholarships. These opportunities require additional information, essay, answer to specific questions, etc.
Reviews & Awarding & Timing:
- The early opportunities go into review in mid-March allowing time for selection and once awarded, funds are placed on the student account the 2nd week of Spring term.
- Scholarships for 2021-22 go into review April – May with notifications to students taking place late May/early June. Awards are placed on the student account fall and Winter/Spring, when applicable.
Deadline: April 16, 2021